Old April 3rd 16, 04:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default PINK?!

For some reason this morning Buffy is very vocal. When giving her
scritches I noticed her ears and her paw pads seem exceptionally
brighter pink. (She's an orange tabby.) She isn't usually this chatty,
either.

I just noticed this much brighter shade of pink. I've tried looking up
these symptoms online. No conclusions.

She's not been exposed to anything out of the ordinary, AFAIK. She's an
indoor cat and I don't think anything has gotten indoors (this time)
that I'm not aware of. Eating, drinking, playing, using the litter box
and snoozing as usual.

I've just never seen her ears or paw pads that bright shade of pink
before. The only time I did see ears that bright pink was when Persia
(RB 2014) was allergic to the tapazole medication for hyperthyroid.
Buffy isn't on any medication. I can't think of a single thing in the
house she might be suddenly allergic to.

Maybe someone here has encountered something like this? BTW, it's not
"vet time". It's Sunday, and Buffy is not acting as if she's ill.
She's talking a lot, which is a bit odd. But she's not crying, if you
know what I mean.

Jill