Old March 20th 04, 01:52 PM
nimue

Kristine Kochanski wrote:
On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 18:16:09 GMT, "Mary" wrote:

"Kristine Kochanski" wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:49:25 GMT, "nimue"
wrote:

The big deal is cats need company and stimulation. How would you
like to be trapped in a house all weekend with nobody to play
with?! Would you leave a child alone all weekend so long as it was
healthy and enough food and water? I don't think so.

What about if the cat has kitty companions and someone looking
in on them twice a day?

I would say that's fine (again, only my opinion!) . Having companions,
feline, canine or otherwise, and some human intervention to check up
on them is fine - leaving a solitary cat alone in a house for 24-48
hours isn't fine. What stimulation do they have? Nothing to chase,
nothing to snuggle up with, nothing to distract them. What a boring
existance that would be :-(

Nothing to chase? That's exactly what my cats chase sometimes -- nothing!
One or the other will go wildly tearing around the place after -- nothing!
If they want to play, they play. A piece of paper, a pen, or some nothing
and they are off. As for snuggling, my girlcat thinks my stuffed animal on
my bed is real. She snuggles with that in a way she will not snuggle with
us and the boycat -- a big snuggler -- snuggles up with pillows, humans,
blankets, whatever.

--
nimue

"There was a time when I was young and gay -- but straight."
Max Bialystock

Do not taunt happy fun ball.
SNL