Old September 15th 03, 10:57 AM
Agua Girl

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
news:vIf9b.4794$v%5.3329@fed1read02...
Nobody mentioned slavery or the whole race issue but you seem to want to
take things out of context and turn it into something about you. Are you
offended by my having a black cat? The whole post was humorous and that

was
all it was. It seems to me you want to take something that isn't there and
make a whole issue out of it. You need to learn to relax here and maybe
laugh a little. As for discimination, I have faced it but I also know when
some things were meant as a joke. The original posting that I made was

meant
for humor. It seems most here got that but you insist it was nothing more
than a ruthless attempt to pick on Pagans (which were never even picked on
nor brought up until you mentioned them). Nobody was picking on the Pagans
here so you need to learn to lighten up. There is also a not anti-Pagan
campaign here either but you seem to want fight something that isn't

there.
Personally, I got nothing against them.

No..I said your sense of humor perpetuates the ignorance tied to the use
of a pentagram. My point was that you might laugh at a "slave" joke but
I know a lot of people who wouldn't. There is a whole myth tied to the
pentagram so now those people who wear it as a symbol of love of earth
have to deal with the ignorant majority who continue to see it as some thing
negative...which by the way was how you used it. I am not saying you are
mounting a anti-pagan campaign..merely pointing out how your "jokes" are
spreading ignorance. How bout those burning cross jokes huh???? what?
not funny?

Of course here is something that may shock and upset you. I have a black

cat
and I consider all black cats as being a symbol of good luck. BTW, I have
known those who practice both Paganism and Wicca and am well versed on

what
the pentagram symbolizes but satanists also seem to use it as a symbol.

First off...I have a black cat too..big deal. That's another stupid myth.
Secondly,
you aren't well versed in Paganism or Wicca or you wouldn't think the
pentagram
they use is the same as the inverted one used by the satanist. It's not the
same
as the star of David either in case that alluded you.

One thing I know for sure is that most of those practictioners have a

sense of
humor and have laughed at some of the jokes. Why? Because they are human

and
are quite confident in themselves and their practice. They also try to
spread postive and not negative.

Honestly...I am one of the least "militant" people I know when it comes
to this stuff. NONE of the pagans I know appreciate the continued
spread of ignorance when it comes to our spirituality. Frankly..I don't
think
you know any practicing Wiccans. Yes, we walk in the light, are basically
positive earth based persons...but having to deal with discrimination
because
some yahoo got the wrong idea about what a pentagram means from some
stupid internet joke will make anyone a little cranky.

And when faced with negative they try to
turn it into positive. You can try to turn this into a flame war if you

want
to but no ill will was meant here. It was humor. Nothing more and nothing
less. What does W.A.R.D. supposed mean anyway?

Ask your witch friends. You have so many that you feel confident
you know what they will find funny...should be a simple task.

BTW, for those who have non-black cats I am also a member of your society

as
well as I also have a diluted Tabby. If Agua girl or anyone else wants to

be
mad about that then there is nothing I can do here. I am simply a cat

lover
and servent to two cats.

Again...I don't care what color your cats are. You could have a pet serpent
for all I care. Just stop promoting the idea..even in joke..that the
pentagram is something to be feared or means something negative. That's
all I asked in the first place. Your the one who got all defensive and
assumed
that my reaction meant I had no sense of humor. This is a religious symbol.
The fact that some satanist invert it much as they do the cross doesn't mean
they also "use" the symbol. You can do a lot of harm with your "jokes".
If you really do have "pagan" friends then you should be willing to
grow a little as a human and avoid "jokes" that could potentially harm.

AG