Old July 25th 09, 02:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default OT - Damned insensitivity

"Cheryl" wrote in message
My mom decided to sell my dad's car and got a few quotes from dealers on
trade-ins and also went to Carmax, who gave a good quote. She went today
to finalize the sale and I don't know the whole story because mom was
crying when she told me, but they gave her a hard time because the death
certificate for my dad wasn't stamped, and apparently the death
certificates here aren't stamped like they used to be, and the Carmax
person wouldn't accept it because of that. Actually, when she first went
in for the quote they never told her they needed a death certificate to
make the sale, and she just brought one along as an afterthought. After
having to escalate the problem to management and her losing it and crying
asking why they are giving her such a hard time after just losing her
husband and she didn't know what she was supposed to do? I told her she
needs to call me in these situations because I didn't know she was going
in there today to do this. She is way more important to me than my job and
I'd leave work to go help her. *sigh*

--
Cheryl

I'm so sorry! Hugs and purrs to both you and your mom.

Joy