Old November 24th 05, 12:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OT who is already cooking for tomorrow

CatNipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 2005-11-23, No More Retail penned:
The fires are a blazing 16 hours to go before the food goes on
and we run out to the Thanksgiving sales.

Not I, but I'm picking up a fresh turkey from Whole Foods tonight.

DH's parents are in town, and I think we're all in agreement that
we're best off if my MIL orchestrates the whole event while we kids
follow directions.

Wah!!

I want my mommy!

She did the very best Thanksgivings in the whole wide world. And
directed some epic feasts after she was past able to do it all
herself. We have a huge family so 25 or 30 for dinner wasn't
unheard of.

Jo

I'm sorry you miss your mom, Jo. She must have been a great cook!

Mine never did anything spectacular at the holidays, especially
since she discovered frozen and boxed foodstuffs in the 1970's. And
that canned chilled cranberry sauce that came out, well, looking
like a CAN. And somehow she always managed to burn the rolls
(frozen, not from scratch). Hello, it's called a TIMER? She used
packets of dry gravy mix for the turkey and instant mashed potatoes.
I'm not opposed to convenience foods but this doesn't evoke any
especially fond holiday memories for me.

Jill

OHMYGAWD! That border on child abuse! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

LOL! We don't even want to discuss the "turkey roll" she found in the
freezer case. Shrunk up to about the size of a complimentary roll of bread
at some restaurants, so she'd bake two of them for the five of us. But it
was eat, or starve. I don't like starving. Yes, I'll take two slices. And
that "gravy" to smother the boxed dehydrated mashed potatoes. Thanks!

Jill