Old February 23rd 04, 10:11 AM
JP Hobbs

Wilson likes a bit of Ice cream now and again. Jean P.
jmcquown wrote in message
.. .
LOL wrote:
CATherine wrote in
message . ..

I once read that cats don't really taste sweetness. But I don't think
that is true. I think cats have as much variation for taste as humans
do. Remember the many discussions on cats' preferences and strange
tastes. I do know a mouthful of sugar gets the saliva flowing. Maybe
it does in cats also. I remember a discussion a few months ago about
the group's humans and their sense of taste. does your cat also like
cake and candy and other sweet foods?

CATherine

Mike's never had much sweet stuff; one reason is because if I'm eating
something sweet it's very likely chocolate. But the *one* time I let
him lick a bit of coffee ice cream off my finger, he loved it. The
sugar (I assume it was the sugar) made him soooo hyper, we haven't
given him any since.

------
Krista

My brother Scott had a kitten who adored vanilla ice cream. I don't know

if
it was the cream, the sugar or the cold wetness of it, though.

Jill