Old March 11th 13, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default Tweed - OT chickens

jmcquown wrote:

There are signs all over the island where I live (by the many stocked
ponds). "Do Not Feed the Alligators!". My mom told me when they first
started building homesites here (@30 years ago) people thought they were
quaint. Then dogs started going missing. Now, of course, the
Association has strict leash laws.

Jill

Never mind dogs, what about humans? There's a series on Animal Planet
about some people who have a Florida refuge for 'gators. Some of those
they "rescue" could easily consume an adult human! (And of course,
there are the non-native reptiles like pythons - some as long as twelve
feet - that irresponsible "pet owners" let loose in the Everglades when
they grow too big to keep as pets.)