Old October 14th 04, 09:20 PM
Ted Davis

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:12:40 -0400, dgk
wrote:

I suppose I could check Google but I'm here so...

Someone at the cat show said that all tri-color (or tri-colour for my
British friends) cats are female, or, if male, are sterile.

Seems odd but he was showing his purebreds so maybe he knew what he
was talking about. Does white count as a color?

The male version of tourtose shell is red tabby - of calico is red
tabby and white. These colors are sex linked, though a tourtose shell
mated to a red tabby can produce red tabby females (I once had three
tamed feral red tabby and white sisters - there motehr was calico, and
they had an unusual white mark that matched that of the neighborhood
red tabby male).

T.E.D. )