Old January 15th 07, 05:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

Default Cleo wins again.... ;)

On 2007-01-14 09:37:14 -0600, "Helen Miles" said:

Cleo is on a special Royal Canin veterinary diet for sensitive stomachs.
She can't/won't eat Whiskas, Felix or any other brand of comercial cat
food as they either make her puke, give her the squits, occasionally
both depending on the cereal content, or she doesn't like them and
refuses to eat them. On Friday evening we ran out of he usual veterinary
diet wet food and she had to resort to eating just her kibble. She was
not happy and protested very loudly. It didn't help that I had forgotten
to order more food with the vet in advance and it won't now arrive until
Tuesday.

So, there I am in Tesco's wondering what the hell I *CAN* buy her that
she'll eat. On a whim I grabbed a box of *Natures Menu* cat food, an
astronmically priced (as in £4.98/US $8 for a box of 12 100g pouches)
75% prime meat natural diet with no additives, cereals, flavourings,
colourings, etc....

She's eaten it with no puking. Yay. And the best bit is it is 1/2 the
cost of the veterinary diet!

I must be nuts to think I'm actually getting a saving. In the grand
scheme of things edible cat food is not a major news flash. In this
house though it's earth shattering!

If anyone wants to have a nosey at the website it's
www.naturesmenu.co.uk

Cleo is happily purring in her IKEA chair at the moment. Apparently the
human slave has redeemed herself!

Helen M

I think that is a real coup. It's very good you found something (that
sounds like a VERY good cat food) and is less than the vet food and
readily available.