Old February 9th 07, 03:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cindys

Default URGENT ADVICE REQUIRED

"sheelagh" wrote in message
oups.com...
you have been a wonderful support & great comfort to me all morning,
as has Big B too.

I'm glad I could do something.

I can remember once reading a posting on here by another cat owner,
asking if anyone was awake, & a sarcastic reply telling her that the
world is always awake somewhere. It was so true!!
You were right with regard to springing Lilly..It was far too late, &
as I told you, Lilly was already on the table when the vet rang me. I
can't moan about that, other than to say it was 3days too late!!

Actually, don't feel bad that she's doing the surgery. Assuming Lola is a
competent surgeon, it was best to not delay Lilly's surgery for one more
minute than was necessary. Trying to move Lilly to another facility at this
point might have been a very bad idea.

Paul suggested that I should ask to see Lilly's care chart for last
night, & also the night previous too- & I am very tempted to do just
that, but also inside, my gut is telling me "Not" to do that, but to
be patient & see what the outcome is-then ask for the care charts when
she least expects me to?

You are 100% correct. DO NOT ROCK THE BOAT until Lilly has recovered, and
you have her safely at home. After the fact, when you move your cats to the
new facility, the new facility will request the chart, and then you will be
able to see it. If Lola asks why you made the switch, I would tell her the
truth at that point. But not now. Wait until Lilly is safe at home.

I feel utterly incredulous....a trifle angry & very heartbroken that
it has come down to thinking like this. We did have a good working
relationship before this incident..but my heart also tells me that I
never thought I would ever have to ask for care sheets either- This
might be a blip, but it still doesn't excuse it, does it?

Not at all. See my comments above. I can tell you that at veterinary
practice I use, I can see any of my animals' charts, any time, and I have.
People ask to see their animals' charts all the time, and no one even blinks
an eye.

Thank you for your help and compassion -ALL of you too...
The moment I have any further news, I Promise that I will be straight
on line to tell you how Lilly is faring....assuming I am allowed to
see her of course! I TRUELY AM GOB - SMACKED.
You have no worries regarding me finding a new practise either Cindy,
I have already registered all of the cats in the surgery nearest in
the next town. It might be 10 miles away, but who cares??
They have a brilliant reputation, & they have a large practise so
there will never be a concern like this again, with 24 hour cover &
nurses too.
More than thanks for continued support
S.

I'll be watching for further updates.