Old January 5th 05, 06:37 PM
Charlotte Dunne

I forgot to say, I also had harnesses on the cats at all times, and when
I stopped for snacks/litterbox, I attached a lead to each of them incase
they tried to take off. They never did, but I figured a loose cat with
lead and harnes would attract more attention than a loose, possible
stray. Harnesses and leads were in dayglo colors for easy visibility.

Of course they both had tags on with my cell number and my sisters home
number just in case.

Also I found driving with the car a little chilly encouraged them to
curl up and go to sleep, even moderate heat got the fat cat panting and
then he'd work himself up from there.

Powers on and off here, I wouldn't even step outside if I didn't have
horses/sheep/goat to feed. I've got drifts thigh high and a sheet of
ice under it, good luck getting out!

Charlotte

wrote:
Thanks for the responses. It's reassuring to know other people have
done this before without serious trouble! I'll bring along some extra
towels and hope for the best.

And, yes, I'm very glad to be leaving Iowa. I only hope I can dig out
of the snow in time to move!

Liz