Old May 8th 07, 02:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

Default Weird Pet Names

On Mon, 07 May 2007 23:50:43 GMT, Ketzl's Dad
yodeled:

On Mon, 7 May 2007 18:59:37 -0400, Christina Websell wrote:

Somehow, some human names seem appropriate for pets, like Sam, Ben et al.
Other seems strange, like Julie, Valerie, Stephanie, Vanessa, Stephen, John,
Philip.
My friend had a Rottweiller called Valerie, ruined her street cred ;-)

Tweed

LOL. I agree 100%. I had two cocker spaniels once (sorry to mention d*gs)
named Chuck and Mousse. Mousse was chocolate colored. I had to take him to
the vet once, and we were in the waiting room where they had these little
stalls you could sit in while waiting. They called my name, and I got up and
said (loudly enough for all to hear, unfortunately) "C'mon, Mousse; it's our
turn."

Everyone in the waiting room looked over to see what kind of huge, mongo dog
was going in for a checkup... why else would he be named "Moose"?

When he came around into view, in all his spaniel fluffiness and big-eared
cuteness, the room burst into laughter.

I had long since given up explaining that it was "Mousse, like the dessert;
not Moose, like antlers."

The Jack Russell that played Eddie on "Frasier" was named Moose.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War