Old August 17th 06, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default belly rubs w/sound effects

John A wrote:

Amy loves belly rubs, but only in a specific location in the house.
She'll run up the stairs to the landing and gets collapsable legs and I
have to reach through the banisters and rub her belly. I think she
feels safer if she's got me behind bars! She'll only rarely accept
belly rubs anywhere else. in the house. I do get purrs aplenty, but no
other sound effects. Oddly her sister, Rhia, who is much more relaxed
with hoomins in general doen't like the belly rubs much.

My cats all have Special Places where I am to give them ministrations.
Roxy has her special Petting Area on the throw rug in the living room.
Licky's spot is on the couch in my office, when I'm on the computer.

OK, I lied - Smudge is not picky about this and will receive petting
just about anywhere, the little slut. But she *really* loves belly
rubs when she's outside on the sidewalk in front of my house. She just
rolls and rolls, squirming around excitedly and displaying her belly.
She doesn't do this inside, although she does like to cuddle with me
on the couch, at the computer, in my bed, and anywhere else I'm not
moving.

Joyce