Old January 9th 14, 03:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default My Grey Cat is turning brown

On Thu, 9 Jan 2014 02:27:37 +0000 (UTC), Bastette
wrote:

dgk wrote:

On Wed, 25 Dec 2013 14:13:10 -0500, jmcquown
wrote:

I know from reading about cats all black and grey cats are basically brown.

I just gave Persia a nice brushing. She's not a long-haired cat but she
still has a nice ruff around her neck. Well, I noticed it's turning
brown. Same thing with her chest.

I cannot capture this in a photo, sorry. It is rather surprising.

Jill

Tyrosine deficiency? This site is interesting;
http://www.catster.com/answers/quest...ange_color-899

And it points to this one which seems more definitive:

http://www.cat-world.com.au/why-do-s...h-brown-colour

Can aging humans take a bunch of it as a supplement to bring back their
original hair color?

Actually, I wouldn't toy around with something like that, with myself or
with a cat. If there's any chance of liver failure due to an overdose,
there would have to be pretty dire consequences from *not* taking it, to
take that kind of risk. Fur color (or human grey hair) is not a dire
consequence. So some black cats end up looking like a weird tortie, is
that so bad?

It's a natural part of aging I suspect. Plenty of things are going
wrong with me.