Old March 23rd 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default International Cat of Mystery

"badwilson" wrote in message
Greetings from Malaysia!
We are all packed up and out of our house in Thailand. All our stuff is

in
a shipping container and enroute to Australia.
Meanwhile, we are staying in a furnished 2 bedroom apartment in Penang,
Malaysia. We will be here until the time comes for Vino's appointment

with
jail in Perth. The soonest we could get him in was April 10, so on the

9th,
we'll be off. Dennis won't be coming with us because he has to return to
work in Myanmar on the 11th.
In a way it works out because that gives me a chance to rent a house and

get
all the furniture set up before Vino joins us after his 30 days

quarantine.
Yesterday the poor bugger had his throat shaved and blood taken from the
jugular for the 2nd time in 6 months. The sample is also enroute to
Australia via Fedex.
The apartment where we are is pretty good for animal watching. Out back

is
a large copse of trees where in the evenings is a large group of pretty

big
monkeys which are constantly fighting with each other. There is also this
creek, which really swells up when it rains and we saw a giant monitor
lizard drifting along yesterday. There are also these bright turquoise
birds with yellow beaks.
The lady downstairs has 2 cats, both strays that showed up. One is a

small
orange boy with a 1/4 tail and the other is a heavily pregnant female with
long hair and white with tabby spots. I've nicknamed her Wide Load.

Can't
wait to see the kittens! The lady said she has homes lined up for most of
them. I hope she gets her spayed afterwards, I am going to ask her.
Dennis has to leave tomorrow night to go to Florida for 1 week for his
yearly training course on the simulator. It was supposed to happen during
his next month working but the company changed it at the last minute and
wouldn't budge despite our vehement protests. We are not best pleased

with
the situation, but I'll be ok hanging here by myself with Vino for a week.
I've got satellite TV and the internet for the laptop. Although the
connection is really bad because it goes through the switchboard at the
front desk. I am just going to use it to download the NG to read offline
and will go to the internet cafe around the corner for emailing!
Anyway, that's it for the latest news on our whereabouts.
Hugs and purrs for anyone that needs them.

Any chance you are going to be staying in Sydney for a day or two as you
head to Perth, or are you going directly to Perth? Because if you are going
to be in Sydney for a few days, I can feel an RPCA/Catslaves meet coming on.

Yowie