Old September 12th 03, 05:04 PM
Gail

The best wet foods, in my opinion, are the low magnesium ones found in pet
stores and some in grocery stores. These are Max Cat canned foods, Iams,
and Science Diet.
Gail
"Brian or Sharon Beuchaw" wrote in message
Hello,

First, let me thank y'all for the wealth of information that's been in
here and archived - it's a *wonderful* resource. It's very much
appreciated....

And hopefully this will be an easy question for y'all - our 5 year old
female recently developed cystitis w/o crystals (and from what I've read,
stress and eating dry food may aggravate it, and we just got a new kitten
a few weeks ago and she eats dry food). I've read numerous posts about
wet food being best, so we need to switch. Which wet food (readily
available at either the grocery store or Petsmart) would be best for
keeping cystitis at bay for the rest of her life? Or does it really
matter what brand as long as it's wet and the cat likes it and eats it?

She's also got the herpes virus, which flared up into a swollen eye during
her first year and again about 3 years later, so we're thinking it's
possible the cystitis could recur if it's aggravated by the virus and
stress.

Thanks much for any answers....

brian
--
If you want to reply to this message by mail, you will
have to change the reply address to