Old August 24th 08, 02:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default Introducing the New Girls! [Long]

wrote:
I have kittens! As planned, I went to the adoption centre on Saturday
with a large carrier to liberate the girls from their perspex prison
in the shop window. They'd been there three months, so it was high-
time!

I took a taxi home - about $40, but far better than carrying a
wailing, wowling box of kitties on the subway!

We arrived home, I opened the carrier, and both kittens - predictably
- scuttled straight under the bed for a conference. I put some bowls
of food and water just under the edge of the bed and left them to it.

Naughty (working-title; must change their names as soon as they tell
me what their real names are!) was the first to emerge about three
hours later. She approached me very gingerly, but within five minutes
we were locked in mortal combat with the Cat Dancer, and so the ice
was broken. Kiki (working-title) remained under the bed.

They both used the litterbox during the night. They also indulged in
about half-an-hour's wrestling, a similar amount of stampeding like
wildebeeste, and then Naughty (WT) stuck her nose into my eye-socket
at about 5am to (a) see if I was dead and (b) if not, to arrange a
room-service breakfast.

Kiki (WT) really is the little-sister. This afternoon Naughty (WT)
wandered out to use the litterbox. She made lots of noise digging, and
I could imagine the dialogue when she went back to her lair:

K: Ooooh, I need to go too... I'm busting!
N: Well, off you go then. I left you some clean litter.
K: But *he's* there! That hoomin!
N: Oh, come *on* then...

Because, sure enough, about two minutes later, Kiki (WT) appeared with
Naughty (WT) escorting her, and Naughty (WT) sat and watched me the
whole time her sister was using the litter box! Then she escorted her
back to the safety of the underbed.

This evening, Kiki (WT) is a little bolder. The girls have both been
playing in the same room where I'm sat working. I think we're going to
get along just fine!

There *will* be photos - just as soon as things calm down a bit. Right
now the girls are either in the depths of the netherbed, or else
haring around at Mach 0.7 - neither are conducive to good pictures.

Purrs!
Al.

Great! Looking forward to the pictures.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart