Old August 15th 16, 11:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rusty[_2_]

Default Question Regarding Orange Tabby's

On Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 5:53:02 AM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
Granted, Buffy is only my second cat. She's my first orange tabby.
She's about 7 years old (best guess).

Question: do orange tabby's get darker as they get older?

I ask this because her fur seems to be much darker than it was last year
when I adopted her. Looking at old pictures it seems she was ligher.
Now her fur looks like copper. Absolutely gorgeous but also darker.

Is this something you've ever encountered? Do orange cats get darker
with age?

Buffy's fur is very shiny. It's also tipped with white which makes her
appear to sparkle in the sunlight.

Jill

Rusty was an orange tabby. I had him for 15 years. Didn't notice him getting
darker. Did notice he got brown patches around his mouth. The vet said that is
common with orange tabby. Guess it is similar to redheads getting more freckles.

Winnie