Old March 23rd 06, 09:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default BAH!

wafflycat wrote:
Broadband went down this morning...

When it came back on, newsreader messed up. Said ... wait for it...
over 100000 unread posts. Obviously it was having a senior moment. So
I've deleted everything and starting from scratch in newsgroup terms.

If I've missed any purrs required - please feel free to take from the
copious quantities produced on a daily basis in Chateau Unfit Family

Cheers, helen s

The reason for that happening is, BT no longer host Usenet on their own
servers, they switched to Giganews early Wednesday morning. Once things have
settled down, this should be a good thing, they reatain text posts for over
two years and binaries for nearly two months. You will also notice a lot
more groups than you had before, though I doubt there'll be any more usefull
ones.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.