Old March 24th 06, 05:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Lack of a scratching post

Poor Vino, he has no scratching post here in Malaysia. We looked all over
the place to get him a little one because he's taken to scratching this
ottoman that came with the furnished apartment that we're in. But we
couldn't find one anywhere.
So we improvised and bought 2 cheap rugs which I sewed together and made a
slip cover for the ottoman. It looks good, is a sturdy scratching surface
and is even saturated with catnip, which I sprinkled on it liberally.
Of course after snarfing up all the catnip, he is now ignoring the ottoman
and refuses to get near it.
Cats!!!
--
Britta