Old May 22nd 06, 06:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Cat collar

Christina Websell wrote:

Now if *I* had done that to her she would have definitely swiped me with
all claws out and maybe added a bite to make her point but she did nothing
of the kind. With the baby's hand still clutching her skin she headbutted
him, rubbed herself all around him and purred like crazy which made him
laugh and he let go. She then decided discretion was the better part of
valour and excused herself.
I still have no idea why she didn't bite or scratch him, I really thought
she might as this sort of liberty is not allowed as a rule. She'd have my
hand off if I went up to her and grabbed a handful of skin like baby
Alexander did.

You aren't a bare kitten. ;-) Cats seem to know when bare kittens don't
know any better. We've had several that would hiss, then maybe slap
with their claws sheaved. Most of the time they let the littler ones do
what they are doing, then head for the hills as soon as they can do so
safely.

Pam S.