Old May 23rd 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Cat collar

On Tue, 23 May 2006 00:52:01 +0100, "Christina Websell"
yodeled:

"Adrian A" wrote in message
Tanada wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

Now if *I* had done that to her she would have definitely swiped me
with all claws out and maybe added a bite to make her point but she
did nothing of the kind. With the baby's hand still clutching her
skin she headbutted him, rubbed herself all around him and purred
like crazy which made him laugh and he let go. She then decided
discretion was the better part of valour and excused herself.
I still have no idea why she didn't bite or scratch him, I really
thought she might as this sort of liberty is not allowed as a rule.
She'd have my hand off if I went up to her and grabbed a handful of
skin like baby Alexander did.

You aren't a bare kitten. ;-) Cats seem to know when bare kittens
don't know any better. We've had several that would hiss, then maybe
slap
with their claws sheaved. Most of the time they let the littler ones
do what they are doing, then head for the hills as soon as they can
do so safely.

Pam S.

A girl I know, the first time I saw her she was 4 years old and holding
her
cat by the neck, the cat, Tabetha didn't seem to object at all. The girl
is
now 27 and holds her cats properly.

One of my earliest memories is of dragging my grandmother's black cat
around, maybe by his neck, maybe under his arms, I don't know. I was
carrying him anyway, and I was so small that his back legs dragged on the
floor. He was an entire tom (people didn't have cats neutered in those
days) and I don't remember him ever scratching me. He could have scratched
me to bits if he'd wanted to, the way I dragged him around regularly but he
didn't. His name was Tiddly.

Tweed

Well, there, you see. If he never scratched anyone for giving him
that name, he must have been good-natured.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War