Old December 11th 06, 06:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

Default Cats and a candlelight dinner

My MIL took the kids so that Fred and I could have dinner and go to a
concert last night. Yeah!

I visited the cheese monger and got some gourmet cheese, crackers, and a
sour cherry lemon compote that was spectacular with the goat cheese. Yum.
We had other nibblies and Fred enjoyed a nice glass of wine (I miss my
wine). Both boys were intrigued by the set up but completely repelled by
the candles. Both lept onto the table, bent over to sniff, got a whiff of
hot air and retreated from the tabletop. For quite some time, Fred and I
sat accross from each other and had Otis stationed at one end of the table
and Chester on the other. They were sitting on the chairs, with their heads
coming up just above the tabletop looking like invited guests! We didn't
really need chaperones (too late for that) but their company was enjoyed in
any event :-)

Susan M
Otis and Chester