Old November 3rd 05, 11:45 PM

Default Radio for your cat!

What a great story! Thanks for writing it, Marina.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Marina wrote:
Bobcat wrote:
The New York Times reports on a new radio service for your kitty, and other
pets:

This reminds me of one summer out on the island when Pantern (The
Panther) was still with us. I've told the story before but skip it if
you remember it. We were listening to the radio that was standing on our
dining room table. Finnish radio has something called the 'pause bird'.
It's a recording of birdsong that is played every now and then, as a
filler. Different bird every week. Well, they put on the birdsong
recording. It played exceptionally long.

Suddenly we saw a pair of flattened black ears slooooowly sloooowly
rising from under the table. Pantern had been sleeping on one of the
chairs when a birdie started singing on his table. Slooowly slooowly, so
as not to spook the bird, and with his ears flattened so it wouldn't
spot him, his head came into view. He glared all around the table in
order to spot the birdie, without moving his head, only his eyes were
moving. Then the birdsong stopped. Pantern popped his head up and his
ears popped up as well. Then he gave us a glare for scaring off the
birdie and stalked off to sleep somewhere else.

I think cats would rather listen to birdsong than hoomin music on the
radio. P

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi