Old April 12th 07, 08:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped

Default Fancy Feast - Goods Sales Ploy

"cybercat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I had to go stock up on food for the girls. Before going to Wal-Mart I
told DH that I wouldn't be surprised if Fancy Feast had gone up alarmingly
in price from the usual US$0.45 per 3.5oz can. I was pleasantly surprised
when I found that FF had gone *DOWN* in price to US$0.40 per 3.5ox can!

Only in Houston! Just kidding, but I do have such fond memories of
Houston.

Here, FF has gone up, unless we are just lagging behind.

By the way, my Petfoodirect order came with a bunch of
$1 off coupons for FF "gold" dry, I think it is called. If
anyone can use them, email me a mailing address.

I would but.... I was using FF "gold" dry as cat treats since my four don't
go for "Pounce" or any of the usual suspects. They practically sit up and
beg for this, though. The trouble is, I can't give any FF "gold" dry to any
of my other cats without giving Sammy at least twice as much or more. If I
give her the same amount she'll vaccum up her share and then "nose out" her
sisters and eat theirs - and even with double or more a share she still
finishes before her sisters and will have to be distracted or restrained
from gobbling up theirs as well. Giving Sammy that much "treat" has
definitely added some unneeded ounces to her middle, so I've quit giving
them treats altogether (this is hard to do since Sammy will come along and
"bite" me or DH to get attention and then gaze soulfully at us to the point
of *almost* making her 18+ pound girth look like the image of a starving
waif!!! ;). You might try giving this as a treat to your underweight baby
(Gracie, not Boo, right?), I bet this would put a few ounces on her as well.

Hugs,

CatNipped