Old June 18th 05, 04:34 PM
Ted Davis

On 17 Jun 2005 18:51:52 -0700, "furby"
wrote:

That's what it is like. This cat apparently likes me so much that it is
willing to permanently disfigure me! :-) I love my little parrot cat
anyway (I call him that as a joke - he likes to perch on my shoulder
and tickle me in the ear - just like he is doing now).

On another note - I have to give it a vial of medicine every day - this
is obviously not something that he likes to do. I've tried mixing it
with chicken broth, but he's too smart for me to fool him that way. It
makes me feel really crappy to hold him down - is there a better way?

Most cats will take pills that are crushed up into powder and mixed
with a tablespoon of chunk lite human grade tuna - I used to soften
the pill in the tuna water (most cats don't like oil) and crush it
with a spoon until I found a pill crusher at a pharmacy. Some liquids
can also be mixed with tuna with good results, but there are some
medicines that taste so bad that the taste can't be covered up.

Recent studies show that forcing pills down cat throats is not very
effective and often results in the pill being stuck - at least for a
while - in the cat's esophagus.

There are animal pharmacies that compound special tasty formulas for
animals.

--
T.E.D. )