Old April 21st 04, 08:43 AM
Yowie

My sister accidently caught a "big cat" on a video of her holiday there.
Some newspaper bought the rights to the video tape. We have no idea what the
followup was, as we aren't in England.

Yowie

"O J" wrote in message
Hi All,

Good news for those who are admirers of big cats. I just saw
this on my Yahoo interface to the Associated Press.

Good for the big kitties!

Regards and Purrs,
O J

LONDON (AFP) - There is "little doubt" that
significant numbers of big cats such as pumas
and lynxes are roaming the British countryside,
with more than four sightings of such beasts
reported per day, a campaign group said.

The British Big Cats Society (BBCS), set up to
compile evidence that such beasts live wild in the
country, called for a government-run scientific
study of population numbers.

Unveiling the results of its own 15-month survey
which recorded more than 2,000 sightings, the
society concluded that there was "little doubt that
big cats are roaming Britain".

"The evidence has been growing and is
increasingly clear," BBCS founder Danny
Bamping said.

"We are now going to approach the proper
authorities to ask for their support in
undertaking a properly-funded scientific study
on the big cats in Britain."