Old March 20th 06, 01:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OT Calif. City Bans Smoking in Public Places

wrote in
:

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I am extremely happy that people
can't smoke in restaurants and bars (although some bars don't enforce
it), and I'm certainly glad they can't smoke in workplaces where I
would be stuck breathing it. But not to allow people to smoke outdoors
seems kind of extreme to me. Is second-hand smoke in an outdoor
location that much of a threat? Doesn't the wind blow it around and
disperse it?

It doesn't quite seem fair, does it? While I wouldn't mind seeing fewer
butts littering the ground, this really goes too far. Those who smoke
out of doors are hurting only themselves, and so far, that's still their
right.

Chak

--
I would like at least one political party in this country to be willing
to say that sex is fun and an important part of being human.