Old October 25th 07, 08:30 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
studio

Default Is there such a thing as "cat whistle"?

On Oct 25, 2:58 am, RPSinha wrote:
The OP here. Great suggestions. However, my concern is not simply how
to make the cat hear me. It is doing so without making a nuisance of
myself all over the neighborhood. Maybe I am self-conscious, but I
would like to be as discreet towards other humans as possible.

Understood.
That's why I use a "ssssssp"...the intensity of the volume is not
like someone yelling or whistling...and cats can hear it from quite
a distance depending on how forceful you apply it.
I associated it by doing it lightly right before I fed her when she
was
younger, but now she just knows it to mean "come".

It's a common call for cats by humans...I've heard it done inversely
(psss, psss)
by many folks trying to get a cat to come to them.
I just reversed it and made it a bit longer.