Old September 10th 04, 08:08 AM
Judy

I have to agree with you Karen!

5 years ago my (now previous) cat took up patio stone licking and as well
showed disinterest in food.

The results of her checkup and full blood panel showed that, not only was
she anemic, she was hyperthyroid as well.

"Karen" wrote in message
Oo. Time for a blood work up. This can indicate an ailment. Anytime a cat
stops eating you should get them checked. I have heard of anemic cats
licking cement.

"The Mermaid" wrote in message
t...

My cat (14) has started licking the patio - anyone know why he does

this?

Salt content? It seems very strange.

Also, he just licks at his food and doesn't seem as interested as
he used to be - have tried several types of food now.

Do they do patio flavoured food???!!! ;o)