Old November 28th 10, 02:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhino[_3_]

Default Cat-proofing my mattress?

"Rene S." wrote in message
Rhino,

I would never suggest declawing, so no worries there. I would strongly
suggest putting a scratching post near the areas they scratch, so they
scratch the post and not your bed/mattress.

Our youngest cat was scratching the boxspring near the front of our
bed, and I used Sticky Paws on that (the double sided tape sold for
deterring cat scratching). I'm not sure where the areas are, but you
could try using Sticky Paws over the area.

I've never heard of that product. How is it different from regular
double-sided tape? I can easily come up with double-sided tape but I'm not
sure where to find Sticky Paws. (I'm in Ontario, Canada so I don't know if
Sticky Paws is carried by Canadian pet stores.)

--
Rhino