Old March 20th 06, 03:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default introducing my girls

"kaleigh" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi! This is my second post here. Just wanted to introduce my babies!
Sylvia is a 6 1/2 year old grey tabby, a rescue from behind a
restaurant in Asbury Park,NJ, at 1 1/2- two days later I adopted her,
fresh spay stitches and all! Living with a human, interacting with a
human, was a huge adjustment for her- but now, though still a tough
hunter and able to handle her own 8 lbs quite effeciently, she is a
total cuddle muffin with me.
Annie is a 3 1/2 year old Maine Coon rescue, found on a road side as a
tiny kitten by a friend of the woman in Greene (Maine) from whom I
adopted her at the age of 6 months. True to what I've read of Maine
Coon personality traits, she follows me everywhere (due in part to her
kittenhood i think), talks even in her sleep, and loves attention but
always on her terms. She does trust me now and is learning to trust my
fiance- she is also hides less rapidly when new people come, but
remains jumpy and skittish around new people and strange/ unexpected
noises.
Sylvia is still put out at having to share me (though I try and try to
keep it even) but seems to start fights with Annie less now that Annie
is about full size, and twice Sylvia's size. (no one has ever gotten
hurt).

Welcome! Pull up a cushion, get yourself a saucer of cream, and make
yourself at home!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped