Old July 14th 08, 10:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default CAT LADY WANTED

On Jul 14, 2:35*pm, wrote:
Sherry wrote:

* We already have established taboo subjects, but that form of
* censorship is okay with me. That part isn't any different from a
* conversation in-real-life where you tactfully avoid certain topics
* that you already know will end in an argument.

Other than specific cat-related taboos (such as advocating cruelty
or engaging in indoor vs. outdoor arguments), I'm not aware of any
other explicit taboos.

Yeah, that's pretty much it; pro-declaw...indoor vs. outdoor. Also,
"(Insert
Country of choice) is the greatest (insert noun of choice) in the
universe" ought
to be avoided, IMO; it always leaves someone in a huff. Crappy remarks
about any particular faith or religion always steps on someone's
toes.That's not censorship,
either, that's just conversational good manners and tact. Religious/
political debates are better served in a another forum. Again, MHO,
and I'm aware that
I'm free to quietly boycott any thread I choose.
Sherry