Old August 16th 11, 07:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mack A. Damia

Default Feeding Time

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 21:45:12 -0700, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote:

In article ,
Mack A. Damia wrote:

I have dry cat food down for Pookie, and I have been giving her a
small amount of Fancy Feast everyday.

Some of the cans will say, "pate" while others won't. She refuses to
eat pate for some reason, and I get annoyed throwing money away.

She'll eat the chunks of, say, beef, chicken or turkey/giblets. As
long as it's chunky, she'll gobble it.

Any ideas why she won't touch pate? Fancy Feast is 70 cents a can now
in the supermarkets, and many of the pate style flavors don't say so
on the can.

Thanks!

Currently FF is 50cents/can at Petsmart. It's also possible to find sites that
will sell you a coupon that nets you about 4/5cents per can for about 8 cans.

It's also possible to order the stuff online for cheaper than 70 cents a can
even including shipping.

My cats will eat some varieties of pate, but mostly prefer the stuff with
gravy/sauce

Thanks.

Fancy Feast is 70 cents a can at Albertson's in California. I guess
that's why it's more expensive. I found it on sale at Target for 50
cents a can, so I have been stocking up. I'll check out your other
suggestions.

My main gripe is knowing if I'm buying pate or chunky/gravy style. The
cans aren't always clear about this.