Old October 27th 13, 08:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default Us Brits are expecting a hurricane

"Judith Latham" wrote in message

In article , Christina Websell
wrote:
Similar to the 1987 one, overnight. Boyfie and myself are tucked up
safely in the house, so no need to worry about us. Whether it will
happen, I don't know. It might do, our weather forecasters are quite
good.

I'll tell you tomorrow. If I have power..

Tweed

We're all tucked in too. Sootie's been out and is now looking through the
bedroom window.

I've got the week off work but need to go in first thing tomorrow to take
my identification. I've worked there for 40 years but they now need me to
prove who I am. It's not personal it's the rules. DH had to it a few
months ago. I forgot to take it in last week as life was chaotic. If the
weather's too bad they can just wait.

Judith

~~~~~~
The requirement for your ID sounds like what happened to me. I taught at
the university for 42 years, then retired. The department asked me to come
back as an adjunct professor and I did it for one year. Then the dean's
office needed a new resume. Fortunately, I had kept it up to date for
annual evaluations and merit processes. After the year as an adjunct, I
told them that I was now retiring "for good."

Take care of yourself. I hope the hurricane passes without any major
damage. I suggested in my reply to Tweed that you have lots of batteries on
hand. We were without power for seven days after Hurricane Rita, so I went
through a large number of batteries.

MaryL