Old October 27th 13, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Us Brits are expecting a hurricane

On 10/27/2013 5:07 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Christina Websell wrote:
Similar to the 1987 one, overnight. Boyfie and myself are tucked up
safely in the house, so no need to worry about us.
Whether it will happen, I don't know. It might do, our weather
forecasters are quite good.

I'll tell you tomorrow. If I have power..

Tweed

How can ANYONE deny climate change? in the U.S., the Upper Midwest
OCCASIONALLY gets snow in October, but it doesn't stick around, this
early. (I remember a Minnesota blizzard November 11, 1941, and that was
considered early.) Now they're getting heavy snow all through the grain
belt (and the media is silent about the dire effects of that on this
year's not-yet-completed harvest).

It's been a little chillier than usual this month where I live this
year. Nothing terribly drastic. I rarely even get to wear a coat for
more than a couple of months. There's still a good harvest to be had in
many places. In the Carolina lowcountry we have a longer growing season
than the mid-west. Rarely even frost.

I think the point of the post was we should be sending purrs to folks in
the UK. They're not used to "hurricanes".

Jill