Old March 10th 05, 06:21 PM
Nancy via CatKB.com

Default complications in cat pregnancy

My daughter brought home a stray and very quickly it became obvious that
she had brought home more than one. Momma kitty is now showing. I have had
her for about a month and have no idea when she is due. about a week ago
she started laying around either at my feet (wherever i happen to be) or in
my closet. Have never had kittens but my dog did the same thing so i think
thats normal. I will try not to be too gross with this next part but I
really need help as I have never had a cat before. About three days ago she
started "leaking" but there was no blood. I looked it up and found her
symptoms to be close to the 1st stage of labor. It said it could last up to
a day and a half that a vet is not needed for any stage of labor just give
her a quiet spot and she will do the rest, sounds easy. Today being the
third day she has started to have some blood mixed in but still no sign of
kittens. No heavy breathing, pushing, sweating, screaming or throwing
things. Oh wait, that was me, but you get the point. Is this normal? Should
I just leave her be or get her to a vet? Would rather avoid vet expense
just so they could laugh at me and tell me that millions of cats have
kittens every day and then charge me $100.00.