Old January 14th 05, 11:52 PM
mlbriggs

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 23:15:56 +0000, O J wrote:

Hi All,

I'm retired from the phone company. I used to splice fiber optic
cables as well as install and maintain the electronics that translate
little flashes of laser light back into telephone lines. When I
became disabled, I switched to repair testing from a computer terminal
of some of the special hi-speed circuits that I had installed when I
was out in the field.

Most of the really high-capacity cables run in underground conduits
and are spliced together in manholes. Would anyone like to hear the
story of the giant alligators that live underground beneath our
cities?

Regards and Purrs,
O J

Would love to hear your (fairy) tales.