Old September 25th 10, 10:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default OT - Homeopathic Pain Relief?

On 25/09/2010 12:03 PM, CatNipped wrote:
I am at the maximum dose of pain killers that I'm allowed by my doctor, but
my pain level feels like I've taken nothing at all. Also, the pain is
keeping me from sleeping (I literally woke up screaming at one point last
night - scared the sh*t out of DH) - so any home remedies for sleep would
also be appreciated. Homeopathic, 'old wives' remedy', *anything not
prescription would be welcome. It's at the point where I had to give my
pain and sleep medications to DH just to be doubly sure I don't given in to
temptation when my pain outweighs my power of reasoning, such as it is).
Topical or oral, it doesn't matter (though I'm already using Lidoderm
patches with no effect. Heat doesn't help and ice is totally out of the
question with RSD.

TIA.

There is a herb that is very well known for releiving pain, relieving
nausea and stimulating appetite. Alas, I think its still illegal in
Texas. However, if you were to move to California, and had a doctor's
prescription for it, you could get it legally.

There may be legal pharmaceuticals that mimic its psycho-pharmacological
function, but you'll have to ask someone in the know over there.

Down here and around these parts, the cops generally don't give a hoot
if you have an amount small enough for 'personal use' and otherwise keep
out of trouble - its the ones who 'deal' and / or break other laws
whilst under the influence that they tend to worry about.

Yowie