Old June 2nd 12, 07:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

Default She Bit Me!

On 5/31/2012 6:36 PM, jmcquown wrote:

"Bastette" wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:

Persia doesn't like to be picked up. (I think she associates it

with being
shoved in a carrier which usually means being carted off to the

vet.) I
really don't know what possessed me. She just looked so cute and I
wanted
to cuddle! Now I have two nice puncture wounds on my hand. OUCH!

Yikes, sweet little Persia bit you? Is it the end of civilization?

Apparently so! I think she's getting grouchy in her senior years. What
can I say, so am I.

Occasionally I pick up Roxy just to hold her. She usually puts her front
paws on my chest and pushes against me as hard as she can, so she's
leaning
back away from me. And she usually looks shocked and a bit disgusted, as
though thinking, "What are you *DOING*? We don't do this sort of thing
around here!" I always know that's going to happen when I pick her up,
but
sometimes I just can't resist.

Exactly! Persia just looked so soft and fluffy I wanted to hold her.
Unfortunately she didn't just push away from my chest. She can be quite
aggressive when she wants to be (like when she sees another cat). She
just isn't usually aggressive towards ME. That took me by surprise.

The other night I suddenly got the urge to pick up Licky - like Persia,
he just looked so cute and was in a very friendly, purry, cuddly mood.

They do get that look sometimes

I barely had him 3 inches above where he'd been sitting when he suddenly
turned into a greased pig and was *gone*. However, he did get over it
pretty quickly, which was impressive itself.

--
Joyce

Thursday night, while watching TV, Weeble on one side, Ping on the
other, Bam-Bam on the other end of the sofa, Moe & Lizzie behind me on
the back of the sofa & my feet propped up on an ottoman... I was
surprised by ultra-shy, super-timid BETTY hopping up on my lap to be
near her Unka Ping! By the time I realized that it was her, she had
realized she was ON MY LAP (Oh, the HORROR!!!!!), and hopped off again.
She had earlier been up on the arm of the sofa and accepted some
skiritchies and did elevator-butt, and that was enough for her. Her Tiny
little luvvin-meter was on overflow!

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY