Old June 4th 12, 12:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default The Queen'

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

We are having a street party outside our houses tomorrow. Just a few
immediate neighbours. Unfortunately, the weather forecast is for rain
so
we'll be putting a gazebo up to keep the food dry! It will be a buffet
type spread - I've just got back from getting some baguettes and rolls
and
four different salad mixes and I also made a big curry this afternoon.

You will have to thumb your noses at the neighbors who, I am sure, are
*not* invited.

You are quite right, they were not invited even though it was not myself who
was in charge of giving out invitations.

Sounds fun! Hope it's sunny and dry.

It rained solidly all day. We commandeered a neighbour's garage and put a
small marquee up in front of it. Everyone brought food, so much there are
lots of leftovers.
One of the neighbour's fathers is a DJ so we got his disco set up in the
garage. The celebration started at 3 pm and we arrived to the tunes of
"Singing in the rain", "Raindrops are falling on my head", "Here comes
summer", "Purple Rain" et al.

I've met a few neighbours I never knew before. Because we realised we had a
lot of food we gathered up a couple of 80 yr olds from "round the corner" in
another road and they danced all day. The music was great. All sorts, from
jive to rock n roll, hoe downs, and because it was realised I cannot dance
with my bad ankle now, The Music Man - the one where you pretend to play the
trombone and piano. Lady in Red, seeing the elderly couple smooch to that
brought a tear to my eye.

It was fabulous. We stuffed ourselves with food and I had 4 glasses of wine
(hic)

The evening ended with "Rule Brittania" and the National Anthem and we all
stood up for that to show due respect to our monarch.

It was absolutely amazingly wonderful and I loved every minute of it.

Tweed