Old June 4th 12, 02:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

Default The Queen'

On Jun 2, 1:32*pm, Lesley wrote:

And that's really all it means to me...might go to a BBQ on Tuesday in
my local

To be fair we did have a Jubilee breakfast at work Wednesday morning-
the clinics don't open until midday on Wednesday's and once a month we
have a staff meeting, which is usually sitting around being told about
the cuts in services and how we are all going to have to work harder
for less money but this month the service manager let us have a little
party and somehow found a few quid so some staff brought in quiches/
pork pies/cheese and crackers/fruit/cakes etc and one girl brought
some home made Indian snacks (Pakora and stuff like that) and Tanya
made her famous banofee pie (The hit of the party) and Colin's partner
baked a huge Victoria sponge and a bakewell tart and the piece de
resistance Adassa (who runs a West Indian catering firm as a sideline)
cooked a feast of jollop rice, plantain, saltfish fritters etc- there
was so much food people were still eating it Friday

That was very nice although a bit sad when Adassa annouced she is
taking early retirement (she lost her youngest son suddenly late last
year and wants to spend more time with his children)

Got back to the office feeling well fed and mellow and found an email
inviting us to a meeting about the proposal to cut our wages..........

Still if the weathers nice I am quite looking forward to the BBQ in
the pub tomorrow afternoon

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs