Old January 26th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default New family member - update

Yes, I'm very hopeful. She seems more afraid of me than of
Melisande. This morning they were both in the living room, several feet
apart, looking at each other and apparently conversing telepathically. As
soon as I came in the room, she was back under the bed. However when I
approached the kitchen, she was right there asking for food - although
less frantically than she did last night. She even turned up her nose and
looked at me to see if something better might be forthcoming, before
tucking in.

Glad to hear it's going well. Your cats have class. The only cat
I ever knew named after an operatic character was a small
devilish black one named "Iago", and yes, he was a
troublemaker.