Old January 25th 14, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Payment Methods for Boyfriend

"Cheryl" wrote in message
b.com...
On 1/23/2014 11:57 AM, Christina Websell wrote:

KFC spent a lot of her considerable years outside and never came to harm

I'm just offering food for thought, not an argument, but KFC was killed
because she was an outdoor cat.

Not quite true. She had been an outside cat, she hadn't stirred from
inside for years (even when the door was open). When I was admitted to
hsopital I had to ask someone to feed my cats & chickens and leave the door
open for Boyfie to get out.

She rose from her place beside the fire and went outside looking for me.
She was very old, was quite confused and got snatched up.
Had I not been ill, it would never have happened. Please don't make me feel
worse than I already do about her.

Kitty Farmcat had lived outside most of her life, because she didn't like
the home she had - I found that out.
I refuse to be made responsible for her death - unless you think I should
have had her euthanised when I went into hospital?
Looking back, perhaps I should have done, although I had no reason to expect
she'd go out.
Poor June nearly went crazy looking for her and daren't tell me she was
missing for a few days because I was very unwell in hospital.

Cheryl, I think you have to understand the difference in culture. Cats are
kept in the USA and mainly here they are not.
I was talking to Nüle in Germany about it today. They also let their cats
out and she says "if it was unsafe to have a cat outside where I lived, I
wouldn't have one"

nor me. It was just dreadful one off thing and I won't be keeping
Boyfriend in case it happens again.
He purely hates being indoors 24/7 but unfortunately he has to tolerate it
for the moment.
The first time he goes out next week, I'll be very nervous.

Tweed