Old April 25th 10, 05:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.rescue,rec.pets.cats.community
jmc

Default St. Bernard's Worth of Kittymass

Suddenly, without warning, Lesley exclaimed (4/25/2010 10:36 AM):
On Apr 24, 1:54 pm, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

Where in the civilized world does one find healthy adult cats who weigh
LESS???? Except for Paraclete (who was the runt of her litter) none of
my lifetime's worth of cats has weighed less than ten pounds, and I've
had a couple who were closer to fifteen, without being in any way obese

American cats (we've had this discussion before I think) tend to be
bigger than British cats. Dunzi is just short of 4 pounds 2 ounces
(vet thinks she was the runt) and Sarsi is almost 8 pounds. Both have
so far passed their annuals with flying colours and are perfectly
healthy

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

This may be true. Meep is a British cat. Vet says she should weigh
about 8.5 lbs. She's not small - she's actually fairly tall, long legs.