Old January 15th 05, 12:50 AM
Jeanne Hedge

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 21:15:32 GMT, Tanada
wrote:

Ok, I'm curious. What does everyone in here do for tuna money? I know
we have some, ok a lot, of computer geeks, educators (or what passes for
one) and so forth. You don't have to be any more specific than you
want, but I confess to being extremely curious. If you're currently out
of work, you don't have to say so, just list your career field.

I am a Substitute Teacher for Cumberland Co. North Carolina, married to
a Blackhawk mechanic/inspector who is medically retired from the US army.

Long story - after college I worked as a Chemistry Tech at a power
plant construction site. That lasted for 6 months until the plant
closed. Spent the next 13 years working in the Environmental Health
and Safety field at power plants for 2 major utilities doing all sorts
of things (including quite a few that didn't necessarily have anything
to do with EH&S but got me experience in other fields g), until the
plant I was working at closed (exactly 1 year after I'd left the 1st
utility to work for the 2nd).

Deciding I was tired of doing that sort of thing and getting jerked
around by the Fortune 500, I changed career paths and spent the next
5-1/2 years working as a software developer for a small company
servicing the insurance industry ("we're a family here!" blarg).
That lasted until my "family" outsourced my job to Manila.

I've been unemployed since April, and without any money coming in
since November, but hope to have my Indiana Substitute Teacher's
License sometime in the next 4 weeks. I did a bit of sub teaching back
in college (no license required then), but my SIL is arranging for me
to observe her 4th grade class so I can see what life as a teacher is
like these days.

I had an interview with a guy at the state jobs office today (one of
those "what do you want to do with your life" things ). I told him
that with my background I think I could do just about any job someone
threw at me ^_^

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

http://www.jhedge.com