Old February 26th 05, 01:20 AM
CatNipped

"Cathy Friedmann" wrote in message

Well, that *can* be true - it was of my CRF cats. Otoh, you could *try*
renal diet foods, & see if she likes any of them.

Cathy

That's what I thought too and I'm thinking about going back to the vet to
pick some up.

Along those lines, what would you suggest to make sure it's only Bandit that
eats it, or does it matter if the others do too?

I have 3 other cats, a 6-year-old, a 5-year-old, and a 10-month-old and they
all intermingle. I free feed SD (Senior Advanced Formula and Kitten
formula) dry all day long and give SD (Senior Advanced Formula & Adult
Formula & Kitten Formula) one can mornings and one can at night. I don't
want to have to separate Bandit from her sibs if at all possible.

One thing that would help, Bandit tends to stay in my bedroom, preferring to
not climb the stairs, so I feed and water her (Drinkwell fountain & several
water dishes) in my bedroom, but I keep food and water upstairs for the
younger cats also. The only problem is, is that they *all* eat downstairs
but only the 3 younger ones eat upstairs too.

[BEGGING H+B GROUP (this was crossposted to both rpca and rpch+b in order to
get more opinions): Before we get into the SD vs. Wellness debate again,
let me say that my vet recommends SD as did the vet before her and the vet
before him and the rescue group I work with. All my cats have been healthy
all their lives on it, so I'm going with what my vets have recommended
unless you can show me where it's not good for Bandit given her recent
kidney problems. So please let's not flagellate this deceased equine again!
;]

Hugs,

CatNipped