Old March 26th 07, 02:36 AM posted to alt.buzzard.rules,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.2600,alt.hackers.malicious,alt.drugs.pot
Tester

Default RECALLED CAT FOOD

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 15:27:36 GMT, "BuZZard"
wrote:

http://www.menufoods.com/recall/product_cat.html

***NOT FOR PRESS RELEASE***

.....but **** them.. I love my kitty.. so here it is... the list of food
to THROW AWAY! A friend of mine raised mice for food for other
animals.. and he fed them a food on this list.. and the mice died...
please.. throw out any of these foods!

Recalled Cat Product Information
Recall Information 1-866-895-2708

Americas Choice, Preferred Pets
Authority
Best Choice
Companion
Compliments
Demoulas Market Basket
Eukanuba
Fine Feline Cat
Food Lion
Foodtown
Giant Companion

You can get a current list at www.menufoods.com.

It's interesting that the list includes both supermarket brands like
Companion sold in Royal Ahold chains like Giant near Washington, DC
and Stop and Shop in New York and New England and, on the other hand,
the "superpremium" brands like Science Diet, Iams and Nutro which need
to maintain their reputation so they can charge more.

I've heard that back before Hills/Science Diet was owned by Colgate
Palmolive, the purpose of Science Diet was to be a food for lab
animals. If you bought an ordinary pet food, its formulation would
keep changing with the price of commodities and that might screw your
experiment. On the other hand, Science Diet would always be the same.
I doubt that Science Diet would be appropriate for such a use these
days.