Old June 4th 15, 06:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
JJ[_2_]

Default Quick Buffy Update

"MaryL" wrote in message
On 6/2/2015 9:37 PM, jmcquown wrote:
Well... Buffy went from a shy, timid tabby cat hiding under my bed at
11AM to a running all over the place "I live here now" cat in no time at
all!

I went looking for her under the bed and she wasn't there. I discovered
her meatloafing on a chair under my dining room table. It has a table
cloth draped over it so it was sort of like her own personal fort.

I coaxed her to another chair and then down on the floor. She's been
all over the place (and all over me!) ever since. Head butting, sitting
with me in the chairs and on the sofa. Giving me kitty kisses. (Sweet!)

I could tell she wanted to jump on a couple of tables but I don't
encourage that so I said NO! and clapped my hands. She stopped and went
"oh, okay".

Now that she's decided she's at home she's not not at all shy. She's
very active! She seems to want to get in my lap. Persia didn't jump up
on my lap when I was at the computer. I get the feeling Buffy is going
to want to learn how to type. G

I also can report she has very, very soft fur. She keeps winding around
my legs as I sit here typing. Oh, and she just rolled over and let me
give her belly rubs!

She's enjoying having wall to wall carpet. She's fully clawed and is
taking advantage of the carpet as opposed to hardwood floors. Good
thing I don't care about this carpet. (laugh)

She has discovered the litterbox but so far only stepped in and back out
of it. Sort of like acknowledging she knows where it is.

I'm having to get used to a cat walking in front of me and stopping
rather quickly again.

I'm pretty sure she's going to decide to sleep with me tonight.

Jill

Buffy must be one of those fast-thinking cats. Took her all of less than one
day to assume control over your house, your furniture, your computer, your
keyboard, your lap, and possibly your bed.

What next? Running for City Council? :-)

Seriously, though, I'm so glad it's working out. That's wonderful! GOOD
LUCK!

Jay