Old June 9th 05, 11:48 PM
Joe Canuck

Orchid wrote:

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 17:57:41 -0400, Joe Canuck
wrote:

Not applicable with the Ragdoll breed of cats who do this all the time
because... well because it is comfy and they like it. With them it has
nothing to do with fighting or a defensive position.

When wrestling or fighting, it *is* a defensive posture. When
just lying around the house, or with very trusted people it's a
comfort and trust thing. My Bengals flop onto their backs and
wiggle around when they want their tummies petted or kissed. Of
course they also wrestle like mad things and believe me, when he goes
onto his back then it's to rabbit kick his brother.

Ragdolls don't fight.

Laying on their backs is one of their characteristic behaviors.

Bengals are entirely another issue.

Orchid
See Orchid's Kitties! -- http://nik.ascendancy.net/bengalpage
Want a Purebred Cat? Read This! -- http://nik.ascendancy.net/orchid